SDL Disciplinary Procedure
The following is a description of SDL policy regarding some aspects of the Code of Conduct:
- Headshots are not condoned and we expect players to apologize and to show sympathy for inflicting them. An excessive amount of headshots will result in disciplinary action.
- Profanity, racism, sexism, discrimination, heckling, and insults are not condoned and will be dealt with accordingly. This includes obscene and/or vulgar physical gestures.
- Players may not approach other players or opponents in an angry or threatening manner.
- Players may not engage in any sort of physical altercation at any of SDL’s events.
- Cigarette, drug, and/or alcohol consumption on school property is not allowed, period.
SDL is committed to operating a league that is safe, competitive, and fun for everyone. In such cases where that spirit is violated, however, all league volunteers have the authority to bench or eject a player from a gym in order to enforce the rules above and maintain the peace.
All incidents are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and while discussion is appreciated regarding these incidents, SDL reserves the right to uphold any final decisions..
For cases of repeated cheating and/or unsportsmanlike conduct:
SDL volunteers reserve the right to determine cases of extreme cheating or unsportsmanlike conduct. Players or teams in these cases may be subject to the following:
- A night coordinator or director will have a talk with the offending party or the team captain. In some cases, you may be asked by an SDL volunteer to stop playing or leave the gym for the night, depending on the situation. Failure to comply will forfeit your right to play, as well as all of your team’s games for the night.
- Offending team captain or player will personally receive a message from an SDL director indicating they’ve been given a warning.
- Team or player will be suspended.
For cases involving physical threats, verbal threats, and/or unwanted physical contact:
SDL volunteers reserve the right to determine what constitutes a case of physical/verbal threat and/or unwanted physical contact. All players or teams in these cases will be subject to the following:
- Automatic request by an SDL volunteer to leave the gym for the night. Failure to comply will forfeit your right to play, as well as all of your team’s games for the night.
- Suspension(s). The duration of these suspensions are determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Automatic review of the incident. SDL reserves the right to expel players from the league based upon such review.
For cases involving physical altercations:
SDL volunteers reserve the right to determine what constitutes a physical altercation. All parties involved in these cases will be asked to leave the gym and may be suspended/expelled from the league at the discretion of the league’s directors.
For cases of cigarette, drug, and/or alcohol consumption on school properties
All parties involved in these cases will be asked to leave the premises. Further disciplinary action may be taken at the discretion of the league’s directors.